Thursday 15 August 2013

My iPod #116: Green Day - Blood, Sex and Booze + GREAT NEWS

I HAVE A UNI TO GO TO!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

I'm so happy.

I don't know if I can write enough for today's song. I might not be able to concentrate. Let's do it.

Well, well, well. It's Green Day.

It's the year 2000. I am five years old. I have no clue who Green Day are at this point. The band on the other hand have their fair share of fans after gaining a lot of success during the nineties.

Then comes the twenty first century, and the rise of boybands. Everyone begins to love boy bands again. What can Green Day do to regain their status? Nothing much to be honest. They release their sixth album "Warning" which - however bleak the album cover may be - captures the band at their most sophisticated point, mixing their original punk style with more accessible melodies and a wider use of instruments.

That's not apparent in "Blood, Sex and Booze", which is probably the band's sleaziest song to date. Well, the song's not sleazy. The narrator describes their love for being dominated in the bed. That's all. It's not my favourite from the album, but it rocks pretty hard. It deserves its place on my iPod.

I can't write any more. I can't think of anything to say.

If I have any British followers who also got their results today and got their places... CONGRATULATIONS. I'm happy for you.

Celebrate good times.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment