Wednesday 21 August 2013

My iPod #122: Alexisonfire - Boiled Frogs

"Boiled Frogs" was the second single released from Alexisonfire's third album "Crisis", which was released in 2006.

I didn't know who Alexisonfire was until that year. One of their videos played regularly on MTV2, and I really dug the contrast between the screaming vocals by George Pettit, and the melodic vocals of Dallas Green with Wade MacNeil coming somewhere in the middle. It all worked really well. It took me quite a while to find out how to pronounce their name. It is "Alexis-on-fire", and not "Alex-is-on-fire". I thought the latter was quite funny. It doesn't really matter anymore. The band broke up in 2011.

This song didn't play so much on MTV2. It was like they threw out the first single, and then completely forgot about the band. I never saw another Alexisonfire video on MTV2 UK again. I had to see "Frogs" on YouTube. I didn't really appreciate as much then though. I just thought the one song that was MTV2 was enough. I didn't give it a chance.

I repeatedly listened to it later on when I got the album for my fourteenth birthday, and eventually started to like it more. The term "Boiled Frogs" is an analogy, which is to long to explain on here. For more information on it, you can click here to see what relevance it has to the song.

The only part I can really sing along to is the chorus. I actually do really like the song though.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment