Wednesday 14 August 2013

My iPod #115: Hope of the States - Blood Meridian

This song has an actual music video, but it appears to have been banished from the Internet. At least in my country, anyway.

The single was an exclusive on MTV2. I remember, the video would come on and then a banner at the top had a message along the lines of: 'Hope of the States are back with their brand new song "Blood Meridian". Watch this exclusive new video.' Something like that. It made them sound like this really important band that had been gone for ages. I had never heard of them though.

The music video is weird too. It's made to be set in a Russian-esque type factory, and a lady lip-syncs over the words. That's about it. So I still didn't know what the band looked like. That was until they released the next single, "Sing It Out", which shows the band being electrocuted whilst playing their instruments. I like that song too.

The lyrics to "Blood Meridian" remind me of a film that I've seen, or a book. Lyrics like "emergency, emergency, someone acted honestly, we should beat 'em up, lock 'em up and throw away the key' seem really familiar. Almost like it's happened in real life. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Listen to the song. See if you like it.

What's happened to Hope of the States? They released their last single, and then split up. All in 2006.

It's exam results day tomorrow, so good luck me.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment