Saturday 31 August 2013

My iPod #132: Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit

I don't like Linkin Park very much mow. They've done a Coldplay, which means they've changed their sound so much I don't even know who they are anymore. "Mylo Xyloto" is pretty shitty. I'm more of a "Parachutes" man. This is very much like Linkin Park. I think the only newer song I liked was "Waiting for the End", but I haven't bothered with their newest albums. "Meteora" is my favourite album, which will probably polarize a lot of you readers.

"Meteora" gets a lot of crap for apparently sounding the same as "Hybrid Theory", but I haven't listened to that album. The singles are good enough. Meteora on the other hand, you've got the song seguing into each other and Chester and Mike get an equal contribution on everything. "Breaking the Habit" is the exception. That is Chester's song. For sure. Mike doesn't rap on it, there's no distorted guitars. Just a lot of keyboards and synth-strings. It's very emotional.

The "Breaking the Habit" video is the first of Linkin Park's that I can actually remember watching on the TV when it was released. It freaked me out. There's nothing wrong with it. It's just that when I was seven, my uncle got me this "Animatrix" DVD which is supposed to link in with "The Matrix" film series. It is also rated fifteen by the way. That DVD was so confusing and fucked up - I think I can remember a person's head being squashed or something - and the animation for "Breaking the Habit" reminded me of it. So I didn't want to watch the music video for a while. I got over it though.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment