Thursday 29 August 2013

My iPod #130: Green Day - Brain Stew

Wha-hey. Another Green Day song in a matter of days. What a song too. Let me tell you alllll about it.

So the year is 2005. I get "American Idiot" for my birthday, I look at every Green Day fan site to gather as much information as I can about the three guys and their music. Green Day were my favourite band ever. What better place to find stuff about them then their offical website?

Circa 2005, the Green Day website had an "American Idiot" theme about it. Colours of red, black and white, with a lot of heart-hand grenades too. The website also put up all of their official music videos. YouTube was just about just getting started, so the only way to watch them was through RealPlayer and Windows Media Player; it was a real pain if you didn't have the top speed needed to let the videos play at maximum quality. They always needed to buffer and all that nonsense. Being a single, "Brain Stew" was able to be viewed.

"Brain Stew" was released from the band's fourth album "Insomniac". Not just by itself, but with its companion "Jaded" which comes right after it.

The song is the ravings of a man who cannot get to sleep at night. One who suffers from insomnia, if you will. Although I can't remember a time where I've felt so restless that I thought my eyes were going to be bleed whilst they were bulging out of my skull. I felt nervous during the night before my exam results day, and I had a bit of a tummy problem. That was about it though.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment