Saturday 21 December 2013

My iPod #196: Maxïmo Park - The Coast Is Always Changing

"The Coast Is Always Changing" is a track from Maxïmo Park's first album "A Certain Trigger" which was released in 2005. The eighth track on that album if I remember correctly.

It was a single too. Their very very very first single. Like even before "Apply Some Pressure". I didn't know this song existed until the video played on MTV2, and that was way after the album had been released anyway.

One thing that irks me about this song, and others on "Trigger", is that it sounds a lot different from "Apply Some Pressure", "Graffiti" and "Going Missing". Has anyone else noticed this apart from me? In terms of production this song, "I Want You to Stay" and "Signal and Sign" for example sound really rough. A bit like demo recordings. Whereas the former three sound really polished. I don't know if that's just me. Maybe it is.

I do like this song though, however different it sounds to the other singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment