Wednesday 25 December 2013

My iPod #200: Nine Black Alps - Coldhearted

SONG'S HERE. CAN'T GET VIDEO ON.

Merry Christmas! I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

It did not feel like Christmas was coming for the past few days. There has been terrible weather over in the UK, along with no snow (but we are used to that anyway). Christmas television hasn't been so great, surprisingly. Except for a few Pixar films.

But now I'm with my family and I have opened my presents and stuffed myself with food. I can definitely say Christmas is here.

After that sentimental start I can now talk about today's special song to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. "Coldhearted" by Nine Black Alps!

Yeah, that was dumb. It has nothing to do with Christmas or Jesus.

No official studio version of this track exists. It has only been released on the EP the band released after their debut "Everything Is", and it was recorded live at a performance the band did in France. That explains the "Merci beaucoup" that is said when the band finish and the audience claps with appreciation.

There is a demo of "Coldhearted" that is available on Nine Black Alps' website, which may mean that it was in contention to be a track on their first album. I can only assume this did not happen because they could not get a good take that was good enough. But don't believe me on this, it is just a theory.

This is a great performance of a track which is one of the lighter songs that the band has ever done. No mentioning of weapons, or bodily harm. Just a simple rock song about nothing important in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment