Saturday 14 December 2013

My iPod #189: They Might Be Giants - Circular Karate Chop

"Nanobots" is They Might Be Giants' sixteenth studio album which the band released earlier this year in March. I was already hyped for its release due to being a massive TMBG fan, and due to the fact that the four songs that the band had revealed before its release date assured me that good things were to come.

The band then went on to stream the whole album their SoundCloud account a week before the album was officially released. How swell. My excitement could not be contained. I went onto that site as soon as I heard.

"Circular Karate Chop" is the second song penned by John Flansburgh to appear on the album after "Black Ops". It is a real rocker in contrast to the latter, which goes for a more... 'experimental' approach. By 'real rocker', I mean it contains electric guitars, hard-hitting drums and keyboards which remind me of something I have heard in a cartoon before. Maybe Scooby-Doo, I can't remember.

It is probably my favourite Flansburgh song off the album. Just a cool pop rock track. Sounds similar to something from the "Factory Showroom" album.

No comments:

Post a Comment