Friday 12 April 2013

My iPod #48: Maxïmo Park - Apply Some Pressure

Version 1                                                                    Version 2

In my opinion, Version 1 is the better video. The whole circus concept didn't really work for me.

Hi everyone.

Apparently I got 158 views on the blog today which is great! I think it's a bug though, so I won't get too emotional about it.

I'm quite late too, so I do apologise.

Today's song comes from Newcastle's finest, Maxïmo Park. The song's name? Well, you can see it in the title of the blog.

Maxïmo Park rose in popularity during the mid-noughties when the surge in post-punk revival and indie acts occurred. Bands such as Bloc Party, Editors, The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys, you name it, most of them released their debuts during that golden era of 2004-2006.

Maxïmo released their debut, 'A Certain Trigger', in 2005. This song was released once as its second single, and then re-released in 2006, hence the two different music videos.

'Apply Some Pressure' is one of the band's most popular songs. You could probably say it's their signature song. It appeared on the soundtrack of Burnout Revenge, and possibly on another EA game that I haven't played. Burnout Revenge was the shit though. If you want a Burnout game, just get Revenge for PS2. Or Legends for PSP.

Personally, 'Apply Some Pressure' isn't my favourite Maxïmo song. That goes to another song that I will post in due time. Don't get me wrong, the song's fantastic. I think it's that when I'm listening to it, I don't feel anything as much as I do when I'm watching the music video for it. The band are known for their energy, especially from lead singer Paul Smith and keyboard player Lukas Wooller.

Those music videos are almost ten years old. They're very rarely played on MTV 'Rocks'. Particularly the first version.

Still, it's a brilliant song from a brilliant album, and it deserves its place on my iPod.

Until next time.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment