Wednesday 18 December 2013

My iPod #193: Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

Hi everybody.

Just came back from my presentation evening where all my former colleagues and I received our A-Level certificates. It was really nice. I was dreading going to my old school - just because, well.... it's kinda crappy. But seeing all my friends and catching up was cool. All in all, a good night was had.

That is why today's post has come quite later than usual. It's "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz, their first.... let's say 'proper' single ever. You may also know it as the 'Sunshine in a Bag' song? Ring a bell?

I can barely remember actually being five/six and seeing this on the TV. Just about. But it's one of those tracks you've heard in an advert, or one which your friends mentions in passing and you instantly know what they are talking about.

The music video did leave me confused on whether Noodle was a boy or a girl. I later found out that she was indeed female, but I do not know how her design in this video was meant to show that.

The track also features Del the Funky Homosapien, the rapper with the song in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3. He and Damon Albarn collaborated quite a bit during the early years of the last decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment