Monday 30 December 2013

My iPod #204: Feeder - Comfort in Sound

The title track from Feeder's fourth album is one that has an ambiguous effect on me. Sometimes, it fails to raise a positive emotion in me. Sometimes I hear the song and I feel sad for no reason and quite dispirited. Other times it's a song I would play when I'm with my friends or family and think "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than where I am right now, at this point in time."

I told you the context of the album already with "Come Back Around". Whilst that song (although having somewhat of a similar message to this) excites me with its pace and forceful instrumentation, "Comfort in Sound" stops me where I am and makes me think about life... about what I'm doing presently, about making most of the time I have.

I do love the song. Lazily looking upon the lyrics now, it has a positive and heartwarming aura. It is about finding solace in the things that surround you. Mostly in the things you hear. Its mid-tempo pace and the key(which was altered for the single release, and is the version I have) make me feel at home... and really warm inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment