Tuesday 31 December 2013

My iPod #206: Paul McCartney - Coming Up

What's up everyone! New year, new me, new year, new me. How are you all? I'm very well.

So it has come to this. Only a few more hours until the new year. I never thought when I started the blog in February that could have the energy or the mental capacity to write about one song each day (more or less). It has been good fun. I may have sounded repetitive on many occasions; you have to give me a break though. Has anyone done anything like this before? Probably. But I haven't seen it, so it hasn't as far as I know.

How's the change in design? Thought the blog needed some spice and crap. So it will stay like this for the foreseeable future.

"Coming Up" by Paul McCartney was released as the first single from his second solo album "McCartney II" in 1980. It is a track of pure optimism. The ascending melodies played on the bass and the keyboards along with McCartney's manipulated vocals combine to produce a cheerful tune about looking forward to the times ahead. If you need a friend, McCartney tells you it's coming up. You want a love? Paul says it's coming. You want peace? Paul says it's coming... like a flower. We just have to believe! I made that up, I don't know what I am saying anymore.

Have a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment