Friday 13 December 2013

My iPod #188: Test Icicles - Circle. Square. Triangle

One of the best dance-punk band to come from the UK, and before I appreciated their material they had already split up.

I was ten years old when "Circle. Square. Triangle" first appeared on MTV2, and was repeated quite frequently too. I could not stand it. The lead singer's weird and annoying American accent that was put on when he sang, screaming all the time.... I thought it was terrible.

Then my sister borrowed their album "For Screening Purposes Only" from her friend later in the year. Didn't listen to it. Why would I have done? I didn't like them. Why would I have like any of their other songs?

Shows you how much of a shit I was at that age. This song is great, I was dumb. You know when I realised how good Test Icicles were? When I was FIFTEEN. I listened to that album in full, and it took me five years. The band hadn't been together for four years at the time. Damn.

I miss Test Icicles, even though I was a hater initially. This track is catchy, addictive and groovy as anything. My ten year old self was very foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment