Monday 9 December 2013

My iPod #184: Snow Patrol - Chocolate

"Chocolate" was the first song I ever heard by Snow Patrol. The video played on MTV, or one of the music channels I can't exactly remember which one it was, and I just liked it from that moment. That snare drum that plays throughout the whole song, the guitar and xylophone riff that plays during the breaks and Gary Lightbody's vocal just all worked together. Those made the song very memorable.

This along with "Spitting Games" are the two songs I really like by the band. The rest that followed all kind of sound the same. They all sound very sad. Lightbody's voice only emphasises that emotion. It has never really changed either. He still has the 'breathy, sighy' singing voice. So, I can never feel anything but depressed when listening to a Snow Patrol song - apart the two songs I've mentioned are better, so listen to those.

That's it.

Oh yeah, "Chocolate" was released as a single from the album "Final Straw".

No comments:

Post a Comment