Monday 16 December 2013

My iPod #191: The Clash - Clash City Rockers

British punk rock at its very finest. Not much should have to be said about The Clash. I will assume you already know what it is, who the members are/were, the importance of their music. If you don't I can't elaborate enough on how much you are missing.

"Clash City Rockers" is... obviously a track by The Clash. It came out as a single in 1978, but was not originally released on an album. The United States sorted that out by putting it as the opening track on the country's version of the band's debut album.

The first and numerous following times I heard it was when it played randomly whilst I was playing the DS version of "Tony Hawk's Proving Ground". That's a good game. Very addictive. Got that for my 13th birthday. The DS version actually got better ratings then the previous gen consoles so don't judge me.

I always think of the track as the band's 'theme tune'. Even though they grew out of the 'simple' punk and went on to explore further sounds and influences, it just captures the whole essence of what the band is.

No comments:

Post a Comment