Sunday 15 December 2013

My iPod #190: Arcade Fire - City with No Children

"City with No Children" came at a point in my life where I had no idea what my future held in store for me. I'll tell you more, I just have to state the basic information first.

Ahem... The song is on Arcade Fire's third album "The Suburbs" from 2010, and was released as a single too.

So as I was saying earlier, "City" came at a time when I was... quite depressed actually. I hadn't done so well in my AS levels but did well enough to get back into the second year of sixth form. Every day I went into school wanting to be somewhere else. It was not fun anymore. My friends were the only thing that made the sixth and three quarter hours bearable. I was always thinking towards the future because of uni and everything else. Times were bad.

I'd known the song was on "The Suburbs" and I downloaded the album right when it came out three years ago, but it was in September last year when I decided to listen to the album the whole way through again. The track was the one that caught me on that second listen, just because it was so calming and relaxing. It took me away from everything, you know? You know.

To a lesser extent, the song felt great as the seasons changed from autumn to winter. It seemed to fit the atmosphere perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment