Friday 6 December 2013

My iPod #181: Tokyo Police Club - Cheer It On

When watching MTV2 in 2007, the video for "Cheer It On" played in a program showing all the brand new music that was coming out at the time. I heard it that one time and liked it a lot, but the video was barely played on the channel again. I saw the last few seconds of it by chance when I switched the TV using the remote, but then never saw it the channel again.

Thank goodness for YouTube, which at this point did exist, as I could watch it over and over again without having to wait for another music video to finish. The song is only two minutes long, is performed at a rapid rate and the video has no fancy concept so the track never got tiresome.

Essentially the tune is the band's theme song - being released on their first EP as the first track.

I was hoping the band would become one of my new favourites but it was not meant to be. I was very excited when "Your English Is Good" came out, that is a fine piece, but... I don't know. Maybe I should listen to "Elephant Shell" again. It is not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment