Tuesday 3 December 2013

My iPod #178: Blur - Charmless Man

"Charmless Man" was released as the final single from Blur's fourth album "The Great Escape", the album which (I am not afraid to say) I actually prefer to "Parklife". What are you going to do about it? I thought so.

I saw the music video on the TV when I was about 10 or so. I thought it was quite funny. The band stalks a man, he then runs over them, but he ends up in the room where they are playing the song. You probably have to watch it to become more enthused than when you just read my description of it.

Yeah, I think the song is okay. It is not my favourite from the album; the 'na-na-nas' hook can become a bit annoying, but I guess it reinforces the whole message behind the tune. And it reminds me of a time when I could just watch music television without feeling I had something more important to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment