Friday 1 March 2013

My iPod #6: Oasis - Acquiesce

Yeah, that is the official video for the song.

OK. So it's 2006. I'm eleven years old and have just started secondary school. But nothing really matters during that time. I could go to school, come back home and watch as much TV or play games on my PS2 for hours on end, without having to worry about anything. No exams. Nothing.

I can't remember the very first time I saw the video for 'Acquiesce'. But I was probably very confused as why it was following a Japanese Liam Gallagher guy practising to impersonate the real Liam Gallagher through karaoke until he finally gets to do the real thing on stage. It didn't make any sense.

Normally at the beginning of a video that showed on MTV2 UK, it would show the artist name, song name, and album name. 'Stop the Clocks' was the name of the new compilation that was coming out at the time. And the video was repeated endlessly on the music channel, and I ended up really liking it. You've got the rare moment with Liam and Noel both at lead vocals, and even though it was because Liam couldn't reach the high notes in the chorus, it stills works really well.

Could  you imagine Liam singing it? "'CAUSSE WE BELLLIEEIEEVVEBVEHEEEUH."

No thanks.

But yeah, I didn't have an Oasis album before, so Stop the Clocks was a good place to start.

Until next time.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment