Tuesday 5 March 2013

My iPod #10: be your own PET - Adventure

I miss be your own PET.

2006 was the year. That's it. It was the best year. Ever. For me.

I was eleven. Last year of primary school. Arctic Monkeys released their first album, The Strokes had released First Impressions of Earth, Billy Talent released Billy Talent II, The Fratellis, The Killers........ Muse..... my god. I practically watched MTV2 everyday, there was so much good music at the time.

The first song I heard by be your own PET was 'Damn Damn Leash', but that's for a blog much later in time. But it was 'Adventure' that actually managed to get into the UK charts at a place of #36. That's pretty sick. Barely anything credible would be able to get a spot like that nowadays.

be your own PET was the newest band around. Yeah Yeah Yeahs comparisons were slippin' n' slidin' all over the media. And why not? They both have female lead singers, and they make rockin' music.

'Adventure' was the first single of the band's debut album, which was very well received by critics. The album itself is not one filled with solos, or intricate guitar playing, (you wouldn't really expect that from a punk/indie band), but it is definitely one that should be blasted at full volume out of your speakers. Or at least into your ears. All of the songs are able to fit into that category. Screw your neighbours. Just do it.

The video for Adventure is quite weird. That's what I thought of it when I saw it for the first time. But that is when I decided that Jemina Pearl was fit. So all in all it was fine.

be your own PET split up in 2008 after two albums :(

But I will remember the band for the good songs that those albums provided, especially in 2006.

Until next time.

Jamie.


No comments:

Post a Comment