Thursday 28 February 2013

My iPod #5: Lostprophets - AC Ricochet

So here we go again. Another time but it feels the same. Got sick of waiting heeeeeeeere.

Hey guys, how's it going?

Just want to say thanks to whoever has found this blog and had a look at it. I only have 235 pageviews, but it's nice to know that people are actually seeing it.

Lostprophets...... I don't know what I can really say about them. One minute they'll have a really solid album, i.e. Start Something, and then come up with something that was quite below par for me. That would be Liberation Transmission. I haven't listened to Weapons, but I heard 'Bring 'em Down' and 'We'll Bring an Arsenal', and I wasn't very impressed by them. So I may just give it a pass. Too many 'gang vocals' for me.

So in late 2009 when I was reading all this news about how the band was gonna sound harsher, darker and edgier than before, I was really looking foward to it. The name 'The Betrayed' sounded very bold. And the artwork..... Well, nothing said 'this is a dark album' more than that album cover.

I download it from mp3boo.com, begin listening to it on iTunes.... and it was like Start Something Lostprophets never left. The guitars were all over the place, noodling solos everywhere with a bit of ballad here and there. Choruses to sing at the top of your lungs. Even the interludes were back! The interludes! SHIT.

The best thing was that I downloaded before the link went down, I think, and it was the Japanese edition which had this song, 'Sunshine' and the hidden instrumental, 'The Storm Is Coming...' on there too.

AC Ricochet is one of my favourite songs from that version of the album. It's a great contrast when you listen to this and 'A Better Nothing' comes on straight after with the piano. A very good listening experience. I think it was crazy that it was left off the UK edition.

Was 'The Betrayed' even released in the US? If it hasn't, just get the Japanese version. It's really the best one.

I'm not so sure about Lostprophets now... after all that stuff with Ian... and.... well you know.

Until next time.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment