Tuesday 26 March 2013

My iPod #31: Blink-182 - Always

Ahh... the first video by Blink-182 that I can actually remember watching on the TV.

I must have been about nine or something. You know when you're a child you have the tendency to wake up at times of the day which would seem ridiculous to any adolescent. Getting out of bed and watching music TV at six in the morning to watch TV were some of the best times I had before my mum and my sister woke up and didn't let me watch anything.

I don't know how I started watching MTV2 and being interested in music, but it's a good thing I did. It was both that and football that made up my childhood.

I'm sure that I've made clear how I came across Blink-182 in previous posts. So I don't really know what else to say to you.

One thing that may be interesting is that I recently listened to the band's self-titled album. I had read many times from various reviews that it was a change from their 'toilet-humour stuff' to a more personal and darker approach to their music. That is something I can definitely agree with.

Another thing that I noticed was how Tom seemed to dominate the album. Most songs are solely sung by Tom; Mark comes in with a few backing vocals here and there, and has a few songs which only have him at the lead. However from listening to their past material, you can tell that it was pretty much a tag-team thing and the albums had a much more equal contribution by the two.

It was the last single from that album, and then the band broke up a few months later in 2005.

'I've been here before a few times, and I'm quite aware we're dying.'

Until next time.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment