Saturday 2 March 2013

My iPod #7: The Beatles - Across the Universe

"Let it A.. Let it B, Let it C... Let it D! Let it F-G-H-I-K... douba-wubba-wubba U-G!"

Say what you want about The Beatles. "Pfff.... they're so overrated, what did Paul McCartney ever do for me?" or "I'm only 8 years old, and I've listened to The Beatles allllll my liiiiife." :/

Well, whatever you do say I don't care. All I know is that The Beatles are included a lot on my iPod. There will probably be a few songs of theirs coming up in this 'A' series of "My iPod" that I'm doing.

Seeing as this the first of many Beatle songs that I have, I should probably start with when I really began to start listening to them and eventually became a victim of their continuing legacy that carries on throughout the years.

It started back in July 2009.... I had my YouTube channel (it was called jamzftw but it got removed so don't try and look for it). On there, I would just a whole bunch of albums that I liked, upload them and watch the views roll in.

Now here's something that may sound stupid to you.... I didn't actually think that The Beatles were real. Hahaha ha ha ha hahahaha I know! Silly, right?

But I had always heard about the hype about Sgt. Pepper, and how it was the best album ever according to..... everyone in the world, really.

So I wondered what all the hubbub was about and downloaded it. Just to see what was so good.

I was 14 at the time. And at the time, I wasn't really impressed. I didn't know that they originally sang 'With a Little Help from My Friends', the end chord at the end of 'A Day in the Life' was cool and the only song that I got into was 'Good Morning, Good Morning' out of all of them. And it's still my favourite now.

I uploaded the album onto YouTube. And that was it.

A few months later, VH1 Classic started this programme called Beatlemania. I think this was due to the 09/09/09 remasters coming out, but at the time I didn't know that this was happening.

That was the first time that I had actually witnessed their music videos on the TV. MTV2 never showed them, and this was when MTV still showed music instead of reality television. I saw 'Hey Bulldog' for the first time, 'Penny Lane' and 'The Night Before' among others.

To cut a long story short, I downloaded all their albums. Let It Be was probably the last one. I would say that 'Across the Universe' is a favourite of mine from the album, and the better version out of those on 'Past Masters' and 'Let It Be... Naked'.

I really like The Beatles. I'm glad that I found out that they actually existed.

Until next time.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment