Saturday 27 July 2013

My iPod #97: Pezz (Billy Talent) - Bird in the Basement

"Bird in the Basement" is the title of this song by Billy Talent when they were in their Pezz phase, but the phrase doesn't appear at all. It's not sung by anyone, no one in the studio says it or anything. It's the same for the rest of the songs on the album. Maybe it's a phrase that only the members of the band are able to get. They probably won't play any of "Watoosh!" any time soon though, so we'll never know.

I mentioned how I came to own "Watoosh!" in my post for "Absorbed", the last track of the album. However, I knew about the album since I was about ten years old. A Billy Talent fan uploaded the songs on their fan site but they were in terrible quality, and were eitther in wma or wav files. I just didn't listen to this song until my sister bought the album for me in 2009. I think the link for it was broken.

As for the meaning of the song, it's quite hard to say. I'm thinking it's about a relationship where the couple feel that 'everything is fake' around them even though to other people, they are the problem. They are oblivious to the whole situation though, and look forward to sticking with one another when everything turns to crap.

This is my one hundredth post. Hooray! To anyone who reads this, thank you. You are the reason why I feel like I haven't been wasting my time since February, when I started this thing.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment