Thursday 25 July 2013

My iPod #95: Foo Fighters - Big Me

Amongst the loud, strong, and energetic songs by Foo Fighters is  "Big Me" found on the debut album from 1994, one of the most softest and almost poppy songs released by the band. Look at how much fun the guys are having in the video, Dave Grohl even has pigtails for goodness sake!

I can't remember how I first came around the song, which is pretty crappy seeing as this is what this whole blog is about. I can only think that it was using the LAUNCHcast thing years ago that I've talked about many times in posts from before. It was probably the video that made me like it even more. It's funny as hell, the band clearly didn't give a shit about how they looked and they're all having a good time. That's what life is about isn't it?


It was released as the final single in 1996 from the band's first album, and by this time Dave had recruited a full band. He recorded the whole first album by himself, playing all instruments except for a lead guitar in one song.

What is the song about? Who knows? The video doesn't clear it up, for sure. What does it matter anyway?

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment