Saturday 6 July 2013

My iPod #76: Fatman Scoop ft. The Crooklyn Clan - Be Faithful

Oh, man. One of the biggest of 2003 right here guys.

This song was the most contagious thing ever. I was only eight years old, but this song played almost every day. It got to number one in the UK and stayed there for two weeks.

You can't sit still to this song. As soon as the intro starts, the bass drop kicks in and "Scoop" starts yelling "OH, OH, OH, OH, OH, OH, OH". That's it. You're done. You're already jumping around the room and shouting along with him.

This is probably one of the most random songs I have on my iPod. I think it just brings back memories of when I was in primary school. It also played for about 30 seconds at my recent prom, so that was cool too.

As for Fatman Scoop, he's featured on a few songs here and there since the hit. But the success for him as a solo artist never reached the highs as it did for him with this track. He did release another song entitled "It Takes Scoop", which was a top ten entry in the UK. But I don't think anyone would think that is quite as memorable as "Be Faithful".

I'm sorry Fatman, but this is one for the 'one-hit wonder' chart countdowns on television.

I LOVE IT THOUGH, IT'S SO HYPE.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment