Tuesday 2 July 2013

My iPod #72: Bloc Party - Banquet

Demo version                                                                   Album version

What eventful hours I've just experienced. Let me tell you.

I had my prom yesterday. It was alright. It was a joint prom with my school (an all boys one) and our 'sister' school (an all girls one). It could have been much better. No one wants to arrive early to a prom, and my friends and I made sure we didn't. We made it to the hotel; the music was playing, people were inside, but no one was really ready to dance yet. So we stayed outside the hall and chilled for a bit. For about an hour or so. Which was a bit of a waste of time. We ate food prepared by the hotel. Then we danced the night away. The hotel is also near Tower Bridge and The Shard, and I never knew how nice they looked at night until yesterday. It's quite sad knowing that's one of the last times I'll see the friends I've made over the past seven years. I'll still remember them. I'll make sure of that.

Then today, my aunt only goes and calls the house saying that her flat was burned down. (It really wasn't, it was just a bit of smoke and damage to the extractor.) But the way my mum reacted, and according to her the way my aunt said it, made it seem like the whole place had gone. She had to go to hospital for a few hours for a check up, 'cause she was coughing and everything. It wasn't great. I'm glad she's okay though. She's fine.

Let's get started on the song then.

"Banquet" is a song by the band, Bloc Party. It's one of their most popular ones too, as it is on what is considered to be their best album "Silent Alarm". It was released as a single too, reaching 13 in the UK charts back in 2005. That was a good time for music in the UK.

It's about sex. That's from Kele himself too. So you can't argue. I'm not just saying that. I don't have a dirty mind.

I can't say much about this song. It's not the one that introduced me to the band. That song was "Helicopter". So you'll have to wait until then.

Here's an interesting fact. Kele Okereke, the lead singer, went to my school back in the nineties which is cool. My mum also spoke to his years ago when they worked in the same hospital. In a way, I know him very well.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment