Monday 1 July 2013

My iPod #71: They Might Be Giants - Bangs

Hi everybody.

Got to type this one quickly 'cause I'm going to my friend's house soon.

They Might Be Giants are my favourite band. I've downloaded most of their albums. The only albums of theirs I own is "The Spine" and "A User's Guide..." which is a compilation, and so doesn't really count. So I only own one album.

"Mink Car" is the eighth studio album by the band. It was released on the same day as 9/11, so it may not have received as much attention as it could have.

I downloaded the album in 2011 because I had never heard the songs of it, and they weren't on YouTube so I uploaded them.

"Bangs" is the first song on the album. I've got to say when I first heard the song I mistook the title as a euphemism for another part of the female body. (Two other parts to be exact). But it's not. It's about a good haircut that a girl has which impresses the narrator. Shows you how I think.

"Bangs" is one of my favourites. Good melody and stuff. I hope you like it too.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment