Monday 15 July 2013

My iPod #85: The Futureheads - The Beginning of the Twist

Hi everyone.

I'm feeling good today. After about seven years, I have finally got around to taking my acoustic guitar to get fixed. I only need a new high e string, but it's taken so long. I never thought this day would come. I listened to 'Blow Away' by George Harrison - one of the happiest songs that I only listened to last Friday or so, on repeat on the way to the shop and back.The weather is incredibly sunny and very hot. It's a good time to be alive.

"This Is Not the World" is The Futureheads' third album released in 2008. They also hadn't released an album for quite a while. "The Beginning of the Twist" was the first single, and brought back that hard-hitting, punchy feeling that's present throughout most of their songs.

It was also the first time the band had released material on their independent label Nul Records, after leaving 679 Recordings for undisclosed reasons. It is the first song on the album, but in its own way it is announcement of their change and a message that things will not be the same. I don't think it's in any way autobiographical, I just thought of that. It's all up to interpretation.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment