Sunday 30 June 2013

My iPod #70: Fall Out Boy - Bang the Doldrums

Hi everybody.

Went and got my hair cut today. Looking fresh and clean. Ready for prom tomorrow. Can't find my bow tie, but it's okay. I'll get through.

Today's song is by Fall Out Boy. They recently released their new album entitled "Save Rock and Roll", their first after a hiatus which started in 2009. I haven't listened, but "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light 'em Up)" is a good one. Listen if you want.

"Infinity on High" is the album where "Bang the Doldrums". That's the first album of theirs that I bought too. Another one from Woolworths in 2008. "This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" was the first single released from it, and my sister went crazy about it when she saw that its music video was an exclusive on MTV2. She must have heard the song or something before the video was out, because I had no idea that Fall Out Boy were even about to release a new album, let alone a new song.

The band released three more songs from the album as singles, and I liked those sooooo much that I bought the album. I'm not being sarcastic, the songs are good.

I can't tell you much about "Bang the Doldrums". I have songs on my iPod where the melody and the beat is good, therefore making the song memorable and worthy for a listen when I'm not doing anything important. However, I will have no idea what the song is about because I haven't learnt the lyrics but still able to join in with the chorus. "Doldrums" fits into that category.

From looking it up on the Internet though, the song is made up of phrases that were used in an old blog Pete Wentz wrote years ago, and quotes by a guy called Wesley Eisold.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment