Monday 31 March 2014

My iPod #266: They Might Be Giants - Destination Moon

Here today is the album track "Destination Moon", the thirteenth track on They Might Be Giants' fifth album "John Henry".

John Linnell sings this one, and it's from the perspective of a patient in hospital who is very, very sick but continues to believe that he/she is fine and dreams of escaping in order to go to the moon via rocket.

If you've read my previous post on "AKA Driver", another song from this album, you don't really have to read on anymore because it will contain the same information. For those of you who haven't, don't stop reading this - but do listen to "Driver" if you have the chance.

I heard "Moon" around the same time as "Driver" and that was when I was listening my own customised radio station on Yahoo. That was a good site. I thought I liked it back then because I added it to this huge list of songs that I had seen on MTV and others that I generally enjoyed on my MSN Space. Remember MSN Spaces? It died years ago along with MSN itself which is a shame.

The problem that came out of that was I didn't listen to the song for years and ended up forgetting the melody of the song altogether. That changed when I downloaded "John Henry" in 2010, then it all started coming back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment