Friday 14 March 2014

My iPod #249: Nine Black Alps - Daytime Habit

The studio version of "Daytime Habit" isn't on YouTube; here it is on the band's official site.

"Daytime Habit" is a song recorded by Nine Black Alps whilst recording their second album "Love/Hate". It ended up as a B-Side to the second single released "Bitter End". (It is a big problem that none of Nine Black Alps' official music videos are on YouTube; you'll have to look for that song on your own).

I heard the track for the first time when browsing the group's website. On there you can listen to "Everything Is", "Love/Hate", their B-Sides and a few of their old demos. I've said before that I do not have as much 'love' for their second album as much as I do for the one that preceded it and the ones that followed. If I could find the tweet I would also show you that the band posted that they wished they had recorded it better.* There was nothing wrong with the songs, I have two in particular that I think are very good, but it was mild and soft compared to "Everything Is" - it missed that cutting edge and the large front which the aforementioned album had.

"Daytime Habit" however is quite different. It has that glaring and menacing tone reminiscent of some tracks from "Everything Is", but still has the close and tight sound of "Love/Hate". It is an awesome song, and I believe if this and the many other B-Sides that were recorded during that period were actually put on the record I would have liked it a lot more. But that's how it is I suppose.

Whilst on the topic of Nine Black Alps, THEY HAVE A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT. APRIL 21ST.  I'm on it.

They unveiled a song from it already. Listen to the newer one.

* I found the tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment