Tuesday 1 April 2014

My iPod #267: Nine Black Alps - Destination Nowhere

Not on YouTube. Available here, though.

"Destination Nowhere" is another song from Nine Black Alps' "Love/Hate" era. It was recorded and eventually released as another B-Side for "Bitter End", the second and final single to be released from that album.

I went into this phase during Year 10 or so, when new music was being released on streaming websites and I would listen to the songs and try and type up the lyrics simultaneously on this website "letssingit.com". I did that when "Locked Out from the Inside", the band's third album came out and I'm probably the reason you see the song's lyrics on the Internet when you search for them on Google. Go to letssingit, if it says 'Lyrics submitted by Jammerz.' Don't be surprised because 'Jammerz' is me. It's a silly username, I know.

Then I saw the B-Side player on the band's official website and saw that barely any of their lyrics were anywhere online. So I got busy with those, doing "Get Even" and "Idiot Riff #9" amongst others until eventually coming to "Destination Nowhere". The lyrics to that song were relatively easy to type because none of the phrases fall into one another, especially during the verses where one lyric is sung, followed by a pause, and then another lyric and so on. I had to repeat a few seconds of it many times in order to make sure that the words I deciphered were right and made sense. But it was no bother, because I ended up digging the song anyway.

I think the song's about being in an ambiguous state of mind (just because of the use of opposites: 'too scared to fight', 'too young and too old' etc etc) and finding oneself at a dead end. I could be very wrong. I probably am.

No comments:

Post a Comment