Sunday 9 March 2014

My iPod #244: Pavement - Date w/ IKEA

Today's song is by Pavement, and taken from the band's fourth album "Brighten the Corners" released in 1997.

Unlike the majority I have on my iPod just because Stephen Malkmus basically wrote almost everything else, this Pavement track was written by the other guitarist in the band Scott (Spiral Stairs) Kannberg. He wrote quite a few for the group, getting two songs at the most on each of their albums bar "Terror Twilight".

What can you expect from this Kannberg composition? He's not that great of a singer (worse than Malkmus; he's not so good either) and the chord progression is quite basic. In fact it's the same one as that used in "Kennel District", but in a different key and everything. But it is a really enjoyable tune.

The title is a bit abstract; there is no mention of it in the lyrics. I never really think what it is about. I just sing along, and enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment