Wednesday 22 January 2014

My iPod #227: Billy Talent - Cut the Curtains

I just completely messed up my dinner by leaving it on the cooker for too long. I am a bit depressed now. I had to throw it in the bin; there was no way it could be salvaged. I had the same thing to eat yesterday and it was so good...... :( ffs. I think that cooker is too OP, I didn't even have it on a high flame.... I'll just cook it tomorrow.

It almost the end of the C section on my iPod, and it is getting to the year anniversary of when I actually first started this thing. Expect the 'D' (hehe) next month sometime. Late Feb.

"Cut the Curtains" is a track from Billy Talent's self-titled debut album. The ninth track on it to be exact. I first listened to the track many years ago, when I wanted to hear all the songs the band made after I'd seen them on the television when I was eight or so.

Even then it was only thirty second samples of it because I didn't know any downloading sites where you didn't have to pay. I did eventually get it as a present for my tenth/eleventh birthday, I am not too sure.

After all these years, I still enjoy this album just as much as when I first got it. "Cut the Curtains" isn't the sole reason why, it is one out of twelve songs that never diminishes on energy, volume, and overall awesomeness.

This track is quite different to the others. It uses a riff, one which I think Ian D'Sa referred to as a chicken, that is practically repeated throughout the song (intro, verses, choruses and all). It probably contains the only part on the album when a track goes quiet for a few seconds. It's not as quick and pacy as the others, but has a menacing tone and smoothness about it that you still have to move about to it. It's cool.

The subject matter.... Artifice in a relationship? Maybe? Just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment