Saturday 18 January 2014

My iPod #224: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Crosstown Traffic

"Crosstown Traffic" is a track from The Jimi Hendrix Experience's third and last album, "Electric Ladyland" in 1968. I did listen to the album. That was a while ago. Like in late 2012. So I'll probably have to listen to it again, to see whether I like it or not.

The only reason I know "Crosstown Traffic" more than any of the other songs on the album is because it is the only one that has a music video, a video that I've seen at least four times on the television.

The song is a huge metaphor. Jimi travelled a lot, and was probably hit on by lot of women along the way. Probably be with one and then it would be on to the next one. So he basically compares them to traffic, because he needed to be somewhere else. To entertain the masses of fans he had.

The track is groovy, but pumping too. It sounds like a theme tune to a seventies, undercover police show. I get that feel from it, I don't know why. Someone did go a bit crazy with the panning though, instruments move from one channel to the other multiples times. I don't know if that's really needed. But it's a minor thing. The song is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment