Sunday 5 January 2014

My iPod #211: Wings - Country Dreamer

I am late, I know, forgive me. I did have a good day today. I went to Romford with mates, had some Nandos and watched American Hustle (which is a good film that I recommend, unlike 47 Ronin). It is probably the last time I'll go out before I go back to university on Tuesday, which I am very much looking forward to.

"Country Dreamer" is a track that Wings recorded in 1972 for their album "Red Rose Speedway". It didn't make it on there, and was released as a B-Side to "Helen Wheels", a single they released the year after.

After starting to like The Beatles in 2009, 2010 was the year that I began to listen to each member's solo material. I knew Paul McCartney was in Wings, and what is generally considered to be the band's best album? "Band on the Run", duh. So I downloaded that, and this song was the last one. Apparently the version I downloaded was a re-release of the album from 1993.

This song's very frilly and a bit sappy. It is too happy. Paul sings about wanting to different things with 'you' and asks if you would like to do it too. The things he wants to do take place in the country (he was into that type of scenery a bit) because he dreams of doing that stuff there, and with 'you' he knows that it can all come true. That's basically it. If you like it, that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment