Sunday 3 November 2013

POTENTIAL COMEBACK.

Oh, bloody hell. It feels good to see this again.

Hi everybody! It's me. I'm back. I hope you're all doing well. I didn't forget about my blog.

The last time I wrote I had just moved into my new home of Coventry to start university. It's been really great. My flatmates are cool dudes, I've met a lot of nice people, my course is going well so far. I've started drinking (which is not a good thing, so don't do it). I barely miss my family. Overall, uni life has been a life-changing experience. And I've only been here for a month and a bit.

Oh yeah, I have my own radio show too. Check it out. Wherever you see the title, "Sunday Mornings with Me" press on that.

That's the personal stuff over and done with. So when is "My iPod" going to start again?

The answer to that is... I am not sure. Hopefully very soon. I need to start 'writing' these things in my spare time. Just so I have something else to do. Apparently I should be getting paid thanks to AdSense, so I should probably start.

I've been listening to a lot of music. I downloaded Eminem's new album a few days ago. That's a bit of a hit and miss. I actually like "Berzerk" a lot more than when I first heard it. His flow on "Rap God" is awesome; the beat lets it down though. It doesn't sound like an album track though. It's more of a song that you would find on a mixtape. But, whatever. "The Monster" is too mainstream. Toooooo mainstream. It's unbelievable how much it screams 'obvious single' at you. Not just because it features Rihanna, but it just sounds so manufactured. I can't handle it.

Arcade Fire released their new album "Reflektor" which will probably be number one in an 'album of the year' chart in a magazine. Everyone seems to like Arcade Fire (including myself) so I wouldn't be surprised.

Sadly, Lou Reed died of liver disease. Which sucks. I only really started listening to The Velvet Underground around this time last year. I can't write a tribute to him. A lot of people have done that already. But I know that without him and that band, a lot of the artists that I listen to and who are around today would not exist. So I thank you Mr. Reed. Thank you very much.

That's just some of the most notable things that have happened recently in music that I can give my opinion on.

It's good to be back on here. I'll try and start the 'C' series.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment