Thursday 14 November 2013

My iPod #159: The Offspring - (Can't Get My) Head Around You

There's not much I can say about "Head Around You". I remember trying to watch the video on Windows Media Player from the band's official website circa 2004. It was in terrible quality, which made the multi-camera concept much worse.

It's a short but sharp song - only two and a bit minutes long - but it always feels a lot longer when I listen to it. I don't know what it is about it that makes me feel that way. It's probably the riff, it virtually plays throughout the whole thing bar two times. It is a simple punk rock song, that's what it is.

I do also like the wah-wah effect during the instrumental break, that gets a special mention.

The song was released as the second single from the band's 2003 album "Splinter".

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment