Friday 29 November 2013

My iPod #174: Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out

"To the 5 Boroughs" was the Beastie Boys' long awaited release after a six year wait from 1998's "Hello Nasty". "Ch-Check It Out" was the first single to be released from it, and is probably the song that introduced me to the group.

There is nothing better than three old guys who could rap very well and act silly in their video when you are nine years old, and I watched it over and over again on the Windows Media Player. After a few more listens, and a look at its lyrics I was able to memorise the whole song. Something I can, just about, still do to this very day.

Very sad that we may never hear new material by the group due to the passing of "MCA" Adam Yauch, and if there unexpectedly is it definitely wouldn't be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment