Friday 29 November 2013

My iPod #173: They Might Be Giants - Certain People I Could Name

Today has been very unproductive. Had my breakfast about one, a shower at four.... apart from that I have just stayed in bed. All this because I was out last night for a very special event which I can barely remember going to now. What a shame.

That also meant I was could not type up my daily post. But it is all fine now, I am putting up another one later on.

It's They Might Be Giants again, this time with the song "Certain People I Could Name" from their 1999 album "Long Tall Weekend", the first full-length album to be released exclusively on the Internet if you didn't know.

It was originally recorded for the previous album "Factory Showroom" but was left out.

The band's website states this about the track: "A piano driven song with subtle charm from the Factory Showroom era. Don't really know how this got put aside, but I suspect it was probably more due to its mid-tempo than its high quality."

I cannot really add much to that. Listen for yourselves. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment