Tuesday 19 November 2013

My iPod #164: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop

I used to always become bored before the song started when I saw the video on Kerrang! After seconds of wondering and waiting to see what would be at the end of the yellow tube, just to see Anthony's face was very disappointing. I would change the channel just as the guitar began to play.

That changed when I finally gave in and decided to watch what followed. A lot of random, surrealistic events occur. Flea plays the bass whilst wearing a fake hippo head, Chad balances a huge container on his finger. It's all very fascinating. Watch it for yourselves.

"Can't Stop" was the third single from "By the Way". The combination of the funky, rap driven verses, reminiscent of the band's earlier work, and the melodic, sweet choruses which the band had been focusing on for their more recent albums of that time established the song as a favourite for many of their dedicated fans. Including me. I truly enjoy this song too.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment