Saturday 16 November 2013

My iPod #160: Supergrass - Can't Get Up

Sorry there was no post yesterday. I was out. But the place I went to was not very lively; there was no atmosphere. It was kind of a waste of time.

This is the first post out of two to make up for it.

My cousin bought me "Life on Other Planets" for my fourteenth birthday. I had been a fan of Supergrass for about three years at that time, and already owned "In It for the Money" and the self titled album. My new found liking for the song "Grace" also played a large role in me wanting the album.

When the chorus for "Can't Get Up" started, I found myself humming along to the melody even though I'd never really heard the full thing before. I was pretty sure that it was in advert that was on the television a long time ago. I have no recollection of what that advert is, but somehow the song managed to stay in my head.

I was also left unsure as to who the lead vocalist of the song was. For a while I did think it was bassist Mick Quinn, who sings lead on "Sometimes I Make You Sad" and "Beautiful People", but it is Gaz Coombes if you can tell the differences between their voices.

For me, this definitely could have been a single. But what do I know, I am not even a proper critic.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment