Friday 22 November 2013

My iPod #167: The Zombies - Care for Cell 44

When I should have been revising for my A2 exams, I found myself listening to random albums on Spotify. "Odessey and Oracle" was an album I stumbled across thanks to this site, and "Care for Cell 44" is the song that starts everything off.

"Care..." is one of the happiest songs I have ever listened to in my eighteen and a bit years of living. Following on from the dainty piano that plays in the opening seconds is an upbeat, bouncy rhythm helped along by a melodic bass-line and almost child-like vocals of Colin Blunstone.

For a band named "The Zombies" I was expecting their sound to be a lot more 'noisy', to put it in a weird way. But I was pleasantly surprised to hear such an uplifting track, especially one to begin such an enjoyable album.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment