Sunday 17 November 2013

My iPod #162: The Offspring - Can't Repeat

The Offspring, again? Okay...

"Can't Repeat" was the new song recorded for the band's compilation released in 2005. The days were counting down to the end of my final year of primary school, and this song hit me hard during that time. Lots of references about time, and getting older and looking onwards to tomorrow did not help. I didn't want to go to secondary school.... but I had to. So this taught me to make the most of every minute of the present, something I still try and live by to this day.

The video also played on MTV2 a lot. It's a simple one. No concept. Just the band performing in a dimly lit room, which is fine. More videos should be like that, we never just see a performance video anymore. There is an alternate version of the video with actors looking at photographs and reflecting on memories. But I prefer the one above.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment