Saturday 6 April 2013

My Post #42: The Who - Another Tricky Day

The Whooooooooooooo.

Oh man. Summer 2010 was the moment when I began to actually start listening to the band. Best decision I've made.

I could start a whole story about how I started listening to them and everything, but 'Another Tricky Day; doesn't really fit in with that, so I'll leave that for another day.

Firstly, my new found love for The Who made me want to search for music videos on the YouTubes, and after coming across songs like 'Happy Jack' and 'Substitute' I realised that they were experts at everything they did. Townshend is a great guitar player, Moon, well, you know he's crazy but a beast on the drums, Entwistle the best bass player of all time and Daltrey with his soaring vocals combined produced a wall of melodic noise to great effect.

Then I watched the video for this song; initially I didn't think much of it. Keith wasn't there, he had passed away, and it all sounded very tame. All the energy was lost, but Entwistle made it up with his bass. Townshend was still recuperating after Keith's death, he was drinking and thinking he was going to go next, his family had left him. Life got hard.

It's a pretty sad song. I feel sad listening to it sometimes. I was going to school recently with my iPod playing in my ears. It was raining, this song started playing, and I began to feel useless. The weather was bad, I didn't want to go in, everything was just so boring and repetitive. I don't feel like working anymore, I will for my exams but school is just so pointless.

"It's just another tricky day for you."

Yeah, I know Roger thank you.

All in all, I never feel really happy when I hear this song. Thoughts of dread and despair build up, and it isn't great.

We shall have a happier post tomorrow.

Until next time.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment