Friday 5 April 2013

My iPod #41: The Beatles - Another Girl

Alright. So, if you read my post yesterday, you know that I am 18 years old! Woot woot.

I still feel the same though. Does everyone else wake up when it's their birthday and just think, 'well, what now?' I thought that by turning eighteen I would feel some sense of freedom or intellectual gain, that hasn't happened so far. Meh. Life goes on.

Yeah yeah, The Beatles were great blah blah blah.

'Another Girl' is a bright and peppy song of the band's album 'Help!'. Paul McCartney takes the lead on this, also filling the role as the lead guitarist. He's the one doing all the random licks during the verses and chorus.

The band also play along with the song in a kind of music video, this can be seen in their movie also named 'Help!'. It's all fun and games with the Fab Four. The guys are in the Bahamas fooling around, John starts playing the drums and Ringo tries to the play the guitar, George starts throwing rocks at the other members, Paul almost touches a girl's noob whilst 'strumming' her like a bass. It's all good times in 1965.

'Help!' won't be that album that The Beatles are most known for, but it's still got some good tunes. This is a highlight.

Happy birthday to me and Pharrell Williams.

RIP Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley.

Until next time.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment