Sunday 15 September 2013

My iPod #147: Feeder - Burn the Bridges

It was in the midsummer of 2006 when the advert for Feeder's brand new compilation "The Singles" started to be shown regularly on the television. If anyone doesn't know who Feeder are or you've never listened to their material, "The Singles" is a good place to start. Even though it is a compilation, it is one filled with 20 tracks of their most popular songs.

Out of the twenty, three new tracks were recorded for exclusive inclusion on the album. "Lost and Found" and "Save Us" were released as singles; "Burn the Bridges" was not, and it still amazes me that it wasn't.

In the wake of the compilation's release, Feeder's official website had a major overhaul in design. It was basically changed so it had the same colour theme as the album cover, but it also let users listen to short samples of the tracks that were included. "Burn the Bridges" was the one which I jumped around to and played my air guitar to all around my living room, but before I knew it the sample was over and I had to start from the beginning all over again.

My cousin bought "The Singles" for me and gave it to me as a present on Christmas Day. I then went ahead and broke my original Playstation 2 just as I inserted the disc into it. That was a bad time for me. That's a whole different story.

The point is "Burn the Bridges" is one of Feeder's best. I think it's great.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment