Thursday 12 September 2013

My iPod #144: The Tallest Man on Earth - Burden of Tomorrow

There's something about an album in which the songs have a musician playing their acoustic guitar with no other instruments. It's very bare, vulnerable, naked, and yet so beautiful. It's lovely to take a break from a continuing barrage of instruments and relax, turn off your mind and float downstream.

"Burden of Tomorrow" is the second track on "The Wild Hunt", the second album by the Swedish folk artist The Tallest Man on Earth. This song was not the first I'd heard by him, but the track I originally listened to really stayed with me for some time that I had to hear the rest of the album.

I am not able to sing along to it. I do not know the lyrics. I just really admire the music, his voice and the chords he plays. I could only wish to produce something like this. It's very uplifting.

Take some time out to listen. It was a very short post, I know. I'm sorry.

Jamie.

P.S. As my posts have only just become visible on my profile page, I'd like to say hello and check out my other posts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment