Friday 6 September 2013

My iPod #138: Feeder - Buck Rogers

One of the better songs that the early twenty-first century years brought us.

Feeder have a fantastic set of singles; "Buck Rogers" is one which many people may be familiar with. Even people who don't know Feeder are might have heard this song in a TV show or an advert, it's just one of those songs.

Yet again, I saw the "Buck Rogers" video on the television and was left in awe. The camera work and the special effects, the TARDIS elephant they walk into and that slow sweeping shot of the band playing the last two choruses at the end. The song itself is very catchy - it's stays in your head for days and days, but that video.... mm-mm-mm. If you look at it, you may think I am exaggerating but for me it's a perfect video for the song.

It was even funnier when I was in Year 6 and found out that one of my friends knew the song because of its presence in Gran Turismo 3 and we would sing it out loud during lessons (because those really didn't matter at the time) and classmates would laugh whilst the teacher asked us to stop singing. Those were good times.

It was also one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar - albeit only on the low 'E' string, but I thought I'd actually done pretty well to play along with it without tabs.

Here is it's Wikipedia page; there you will find information at length about the song. But for now, enjoy it. Comment on it if you want. Give it a chance.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment